3 Tips to Prepare for a Site Migration
The Contegix Agility Bundle® deployment engine is nearly here. In just a few short weeks, you will be able to say goodbye to your manual deployment processes.
In the meantime, we recommend taking a moment to brush up on site migration prep work. Here are a few tips to help you get started.
1. Take Inventory of Your Sites
Agility Bundle supports flexible configurations. Start by taking stock of your site’s needs. Pay special attention to the following:
- Does your site require multiple databases?
- Do you have any Drupal Multisites?
Make sure to note whether you have a single codebase or separate subsites in their own repository.
- Do you need to run special post-scripts after a deployment?
If yes, be aware of any differences for development, staging, and production environments.
2. Evaluate Your Current Processes
Migrations are an excellent time to tidy up and start fresh. Take note of the following to identify where your current processes can be improved:
- Are you manually taking code live?
- What actions do you take before and after each deployment?
- Are you taking backups of your databases before going live?
3. Organize Your Team
The Contegix Agility Bundle deployment engine is designed for the productivity of the entire team. To ensure everything runs smoothly, make a list of the team members and/or roles that will need access. Be sure to note if the players differ on various projects.
- Who are your Developers?
- Who will be handling deployments?
- Who needs read-only access?
- Who will need to create new projects?