8 Top Drupal Hosting Options for Your Website
Drupal is a free, open-source content management system that can be customized to meet almost any need. Of course, the best designed site in the world isn’t worth much without the right host. From ensuring your site loads before users lose patience to support for migrations to easy multi-site management, a quality hosting service can make the difference between an exceptional online experience and a disappointing one.
Sorting through hosting providers to find the one that best fits your unique requirements isn’t simple. You have to balance price with key considerations like development support, compliance with relevant standards, and monitoring capabilities. Let’s take a look at how to select a great Drupal host before covering some of the top Drupal hosting providers.
How to Choose a Drupal Hosting Provider
Look for a hosting provider that offers the services needed to get the most out of your Drupal deployment and lets you focus on the big picture while they take care of the details. These criteria can help guide your search:
- Scalability. Your business is always evolving, and the needs of your web presence evolve along with it. If your hosting provider isn’t equipped to handle your site’s new requirements, you’ll be forced to find a new one. This takes valuable time and may compromise user experience on your site in the interim.
- Consulting and support. When things go wrong, you need a team at your back that’s dealt with the issue before and knows exactly how to fix it. Look for a hosting provider that has extensive experience with all aspects of Drupal and has a team of experts available around the clock to support your organization whenever necessary.
- Security and compliance. You need a hosting provider who can help you secure your site against common Drupal security threats and address new vulnerabilities as they’re discovered — especially if your site handles sensitive customer information. And you should ensure your provider also complies with any standards that apply to your business, such as FedRAMP, PCI DSS, and HIPAA.
- Performance tuning. Customers expect a great user experience on every website they visit. If it takes too long to complete a purchase or look up product information, they’ll go to a competitor’s site that makes conducting business smoother. Choose a host that has the infrastructure needed to handle traffic spikes and offers monitoring capabilities to track load times and site speed. Of course, it isn’t always obvious what factors are hindering your site’s performance, or how to address them, so working with a hosting provider that knows how to optimize performance from the start is a must.
- Disaster planning. Look for a host that has the expertise to help you build a disaster plan and the capabilities to put that plan into action. This means regularly backing up your site and handling recovery quickly if it’s compromised due to an attack, hardware issues, or an unanticipated glitch.
- CI/CD pipeline. There’s no need to wait for weeks or even months before rolling out fixes or new features that your users are clamoring for. With a hosting provider that knows how to build and maintain a continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) pipeline, you can keep updates flowing to your site while maintaining stability.
Now that you know some of the main criteria to keep in mind while evaluating Drupal hosts, here are 8 hosting providers to jumpstart your search.
BlackMesh is a Drupal hosting platform that provides a range of shared, public, hybrid, and private cloud hosting solutions. It’s designed for enterprises of all sizes and offers the scalability needed to grow together with your business. Security comes first with cloud environments that meet compliance standards from FedRAMP to PCI DSS to HIPAA. It also offers 99.999% SLA, an optimized LAMP stack for lightning fast performance, disaster recovery and backup services, and support for CI/CD pipelines that automate the deployment of new code.
BlackMesh is powered by Contegix’s team of Drupal experts who provide unlimited, 24/7 support on every aspect of your Drupal deployment — even custom code. These engineers have over 15 years of experience in tuning the most complex Drupal hosting environments and ensuring they align with organizational needs. Contact Contegix for pricing information to get started today.
SiteGround offers a variety of hosting services, including WordPress, WooCommerce, and Drupal hosting. Its Drupal plans range from $3.99 per month to $10.69 per month, but these discounted prices require an annual purchase paid in advance and do not apply for subsequent renewals. SiteGround also provides managed cloud hosting at a substantially higher price. Among other features, SiteGround offers free email accounts, unlimited sub and parked domains, and user-friendly site tools. It also provides free installation for Drupal and other popular CMSs. Support is available as well around the clock through phone, online chat, and tickets.
A2 Hosting provides four Drupal shared hosting plans ranging from $2.99 per month to $12.99 per month, with more expensive unmanaged and managed dedicated hosting plans available as well. Customers must make a three year commitment to receive these discounted prices. It boasts up to 20x faster speeds than competitors, round the clock support, the potential for free account migration from your current host, and a 99.9% uptime commitment. A2 Hosting also donates $150 to the Drupal Foundation for each Drupal customer.
inMotion Hosting offers several Drupal hosting options ranging from a shared hosting plan for 1 site with limited features to a dedicated hosting offering. Prices for inMotion’s Drupal hosting services vary substantially depending on how long the customer commits to inMotion and whether they opt for shared or dedicated hosting. inMotion provides one-click installation, suPHP for additional security, and 24/7 support.
Cloudways offers managed Drupal cloud hosting services available starting at $10.00 per month. Its prices vary depending on the cloud provider you choose — DigitalOcean, AWS, Google Cloud, Vultr, and Linode — with the least expensive options for these providers ranging from $12.00 per month to $33.18 per month. No matter which plan you choose, it comes with a suite of features including free website migration, real-time monitoring, and automated backups.
Hostinger offers both shared and cloud Drupal hosting services. The former is priced starting at $1.39 per month and the latter at $9.99 per month, although these prices will increase upon renewal. Hostinger offers a custom control panel for managing your Drupal deployment, single-click install, cache optimization, and additional security through integration with Cloudflare.
Acquia provides cloud hosting for Drupal and offers a suite of features to meet the needs of enterprises. These wide-ranging features include everything from multi-factor authentication to integration with Drupal development tools. Acquia does not provide pricing information online and instead requires potential customers to request a demo of its products, including its cloud platform.
Bluehost offers shared and dedicated hosting services that support Drupal deployments. Bluehost requires at least a 12-month commitment, with its lowest prices requiring a 36-month commitment. Its shared plans start at a discount of $2.95 per month with a 36-month commitment, but it will auto-renew at the regular rate, with dedicated hosting plans substantially more expensive.
When choosing a hosting provider for your Drupal site, you can’t settle for just average. You need a solution that’s designed with Drupal in mind and backed by years of Drupal experience. With BlackMesh, that’s exactly what you’ll get. The Drupal experts at Contegix have built BlackMesh to exceed your expectations for reliability, performance, security, and beyond. Contact Contegix today to start building a Drupal site that will delight your customers.